Saturday, May 24, 2008

Uptown Girls

My two baby girls recently performed in a dance recital at the Boys and Girls Club. This is their first year in dance class and I have to tell ya......I'm SO not impressed. Yes, they have learned a cute little dance, and yes, they seem to enjoy it.....sometimes. But the dance studio they go to has not impressed me at all! Their instructor is very unfriendly and seems inconvienienced if we try to talk to her about their dancing. It's very uncomfortable and sort of frustrating. A couple of weeks ago, she handed out their costumes for their recitals and informed me that they had group photos scheduled. It was Wednesday and the photos were on Saturday. Huh, a whole 3 days notice. Now, I don't know about you, but I work for a living and can't just show up at the drop of a pins notice. And I was scheduled to work. Fortunately, Flyboy had Saturday off and was able to take the little darlings. This meant that he was in charge of getting them in their costumes and making sure their hair was done nicely. Mom stuff. I was worried, but he did good. Unfortunately, when he got to the studio, they informed him that the time was changed and he had missed it. Their group was scheduled for 3:30, it was changed to 12:30. Sometime between Wednesday and Saturday, their time was changed and we didn't get the message. So my girls are not in their groups dance photo. I am still angry about it. Yeah, life goes on, but come on.
Anyhoo, here are some pictures from their very first dance recital. They were both nervous, but they did pretty good. They danced to Billy Joel's Uptown Girl. Their main recital is at the Nampa Civic Center on June 13th. Friday, the 13th!!

Photobucket
Punky Poo
Photobucket
Sugar Booger
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Don'tcha just love their costumes. Don'tcha wish you could be 8 and 9 years old again?

No comments: