Saturday, April 26, 2008

Yummy To The Tummy

Thursday night, my friend Deanna and I went to a Taste of Home cooking show. I've never been to a cooking show before. It was a lot of fun. In 2 hours time, the demonstrator prepared 9 different dishes. Most of them looked very yummy. We each received a goodie bag full of coupons, recipes, sampes, etc. We also got a copy of the Taste of Home Spring 2008 cookbook. It's just a magazine, but all 9 recipes that were prepared came from this magazine. Anyway, as I was thumbing through it before the show began, one recipe stuck out and I decided that I was definitely going to make that one. And lo and behold, it was the first recipe she prepared. It was meant to be. LOL! It's a very easy and basic recipe, and I haven't made it yet, but I know I will love it. And I think you will to. So here's a picture and the recipe for you.


TACO MEATBALL RING
Photobucket

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided

2 Tbsp water

2 to 4 Tbsp taco seasoning

1/2 pound ground beef (or turkey)

2 tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls

1/2 head lettuce, shredded

1 med. tomato

4 green onions

1/2 cup sliced olives

Sour Cream

2 small jalapeno peppers, sliced

Salsa

In a large bowl, combine 1 cup cheese, water and taco seasoning. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 16 balls.

Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 12 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Drain meatballs on paper towels. Reduce heat to 375.

Arrange crescent rolls on a greased 15 inch pizza pan, forming a ring with pointed ends facing the outer edge of the pan and wide ends overlaping.

Place a meatball on each roll; fold point over meatball and tuck under wide end of roll (meatball will be visible). Repeat. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.

Fill the center of the ring with lettuce, tomato, onion, olives, remaining cheese, sour cream, jalapenos and salsa. You can use whatever taco filling you want here.

Eat and enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Sandee said...

I used to buy this magazine all the time. They have really good, simple recipes.

CreativeMish said...

I've never heard of this type of party. The Recipe sounds good and looks good too!