Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Jump Creek Canyon

Flyboy found this beautiful place called Jump Creek Canyon. It's only about 30 minutes away and it's an awesome place to take the kids for the day. I took my new toy and took some pictures. I'm still learning how to use the darn thing. It's pretty fancy and I don't have a clue what to do with most of the buttons. But I do know one thing. It takes WAY better pictures than my other digital camera. Anyway, here are a few pictures from our adventure at Jump Creek.
Photobucket

This is the canyon entrance from the parking lot. There is a trail that takes you to the waterfall.
Photobucket
Here are my girls posing inside a cave. There are a lot of rocks and caves to explore on the way.
Photobucket
Oh No! Emily has fallen into a hole! My girls all love to explore.
Photobucket
Jessica posing against a rock. Isn't she lovely!
Photobucket
Flyboy and the girls scaling a rock wall. They didn't get very far. It was steep and slick and nothing to hold on to. But they tried. And they had fun. By the way, the water there isn't very deep. Probably up to their knees. Any deeper, and my little darlings wouldn't be scaling that rock wall.
Photobucket
Here is a view inside the rocky cave we were in. I love the mirror image on the water. I could probably take a better picture if I knew how to use my camera properly. But it's still cool.
Photobucket
We finally made it to the waterfall. It doesn't look like it, but the water is deep enough that people (not me) climb up and jump from the top of the falls.
Photobucket
Brave people like Flyboy. It's too cold for a swim this time of year, but nothing ever stops Flyboy from climbing and exploring. Especially if it scares the crap out of me. I was content to stay at the bottom.
Photobucket
I was a little brave and did a bit of rock climbing, but had a few heart attacks on the way. Going up isn't bad. It's the coming back down that scares the crap out of me. But I'm getting better about at least trying.
Photobucket
Here are my little darlings inside the cave that you climb through to get to the falls. Emily bonked her head on the rock above her and wasn't too happy at the moment. But this is keepin it real.

3 comments:

CreativeMish said...

Great pictures. I've been there a couple of times when the kids were young. You'll have to give me directions again how to get there :)

Jenn said...

Looks like a fun trip and place to explore! Glad you all had fun.

My Personal Circus said...

The first time I went to jump creek, I found the poison ivy or poison oak, don't know which, but I had it so bad I was out of school for two weeks. We climbed up devils ladder and walked along trails above the water fall. It is beautiful out there, but I'm staying away!!!