Monday, April 14, 2008

Horror Scope

I always read my horoscope in the newspaper at work. Sometimes it is so true to how my day is going that it really freaks me out. And sometimes it is so stupid and doesn't make any sense at all. Well, my horoscope today sort of hit a nerve, so to speak. This is what it said.

Capricorn: Check in with the mirror for one of your you-to-you pep talks. Express to yourself what you admire, enjoy and expect of you. It's not vain.

My first reaction was this: WHATEVER! Like there is anything I like about myself. And to be caught talking to myself in the mirror? It reminded me of the guy from Saturday Night Live. GAG! Plus, all I could think of were all the things that I didn't like about myself. The things that I wish were different. The things that make me want to crawl under a rock and die. But then I decided to embrace this and really try to think of the things I do like about myself. I'm sure there's something. If I just think about it. So here goes.
Photobucket

Things I admire about myself:
* I make friends pretty easily and have kept my very best friend, Nona, for 26 years.
* I'm a good listener. And I LOVE gossip! Tee hee
* My kids love me and are always excited to see me, so I must be a good mom.
* I'm honest and sincere. I don't know how to lie.
* I'm very trustworthy. I would never betray anyone. Intentionally, anyways.
* I'm a hard worker and I have good work ethics. I'm liked at my job and it shows.
Things I enjoy:
* I love listening to music. It brings me great joy.
* I love a good movie. I'll watch my favorites over and over and over again.
* I like to paint when I have the time. The last time I painted was Jan 07. It's been a while.
* I love food, food and more food!
Things I expect of myself:
* To work hard
* Keep up with exercise. I've got to lose those last 20 pounds!!!
* Be a good mom. My kids are the most important thing I've got.

Well, I know these are all pretty basic, but it's what I came up with on a whim. I'm going to tag a few people who I know read my blog (thankyouverymuch) and ask that they make their own list and post it on their blog.
I tag:
Mushy Oatmeal
Sandradee
My Mom
My niece "to be"
Teenage Drama Queen

I know these are pretty basic, but it's what I came up with.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Great idea! I think it's always a fabulous idea to remind yourself that you ARE fabulous. Even on the days when you aren't feeling it so much - know that people DO love you and appreciate you. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the idea! I realize my bias, but you are beautiful, witty, intelligent, kind, loyal, a fabulous Mother and my PRECIOUS baby daughter. I love, admire and respect you with all of my heart. When you look into that mirror, look only into your eyes and you will see the glorious, magnificent "Real" you staring back. Love you.........Mom

Sandee said...

Remember....
You're good enough,
You're smart enough,
and doggonit,
people like you. :)