Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Snow Day

Yesterday it snowed and snowed and snowed. There were wrecks everywhere around the vally. I had the day off, thank goodness!! Flyboy had to cancel some of his flights because of the lack of visibility, so he had an early day. After the kids got home from school and finished their homework, he took them outside for some fun in the snow. I stayed in and made my homemade lasagna. YUM!!! When I had a break, I ventured out and joined in on some of the fun. My pictures seem so dark, but it was still light out. I like that you can see the snow falling in the pictures.
Photobucket
Here's Flyboy attaching the coal eyes and mouth
Photobucket
Flyboy, Punky Poo, Sugar Booger and Frosty
Photobucket
Flyboy wanted a picture of me next to Frosty too. Even though I didn't help build him. See Bandit in front of Sugar Booger? He was waiting for her to throw another snowball for him to catch. He loves that!
Photobucket
We took the girls down the street to an open lot where they can slide down the hill. Here's SugarBooger with her sled full of her "snow food". She's showing you her mouth full of the snowy goodness.
Photobucket
Here's PunkyPoo waiting for Flyboy to pull her down the street.
Photobucket
Sugar Booger making a beautiful snow angel
Photobucket
Bandit and Tabyana absolutely LOVED frolicking in the snow. It was hard getting a picture of them. They were running rampant all over the place.
Photobucket
I had to join in on the snow angel fun.
Photobucket
Teenage Drama Queen showed up and Flyboy did a running tackle at her and took her down. He had already taken me down a few times and "white washed" me. Now he had new blood. She wasn't too happy with this chain of events. He was smiling and having fun. She wasn't.
Photobucket
Leave it to a Teenage Drama Queen to ruin the fun. We were having snowball fights, tackling each other, running around laughing and having a grand ol' time. Until she showed up and ruined it. I still love her, but if you can't join the fun, then go home. I did manage to throw about 20 snowballs in her face. LOL! She was being ornery and I was trying to get her to join in the fun, but it didn't work. We ended up leaving after this. The fun was over and the lasagna was done. And boy was it Yumm-O after freezing our butts off in the snow. Because of all this snow, the girls are home from school today. They closed down several school districts. The sun is out, the sky is blue and the girls are out playing in the snow with the dogs.

No comments: