Friday, February 6, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY (got you on my mind)

Photobucket
Today is my 16th wedding anniversary with Flyboy. Has it really been that long? I was 17 when I met him. I actually already knew who he was because we went to the same school and his sister is my age. He graduated in 1987. I graduated in 1989. The night of 1988's graduation, I borrowed my Aunt Mary's convertible and went cruising downtown with my friends. Flyboy and some of his friends, were standing on one of the street corners hooting and hollering at everyone driving by. Us, included. I knew who they were so I wasn't going to stop and talk to them. They had bad reputations. At least, that was my impression of them. After several times around, Flyboy and his group decided to run to the other side of the cruise strip and catch us on the other side. As soon as we came close, Flyboy jumped in the back seat of the car. Remember, I was driving a convertible. I stopped and we both acknowledged that we recognized each other. I told him I knew his sister and he told me that he didn't claim her as his sister (that's another story). Now, I didn't like his sister, so when he said that, I decided that he was cute enough to give a chance. We left the cruise strip and went to breakfast with our friends in tow. He and one of his friends were both interested in me so when we got to the diner, they headed for a corner booth, sat on opposite sides and said (unbeknownst to me) that whomever I sat by, would be the one. I was on the pay phone with my aunt at the time letting her know we were o.k. (no cell phones then) and when I walked to the booth to sit down, I never even glanced at the other guy. I headed straight for Flyboy. And we've been together ever since. It will be 21 years this summer. I guess it was meant to be.

No comments: