Thursday, February 5, 2009

20 Random Things About Me

I was tagged on Facebook to do a list of 25 random things about me. I decided to do a blog post about it. But I could only think of 20. And it took me a week. That is what an exciting life I lead. So, if you read this, consider yourself tagged.

20 THINGS ABOUT ME

1. I L. O. V. E. Helly Kitty. Nuff said.

2. I met my husband downtown cruising. I knew who he was because we went to school together. He was 2 years ahead of me. But I didn't want anything to do with him. He chased me down and jumped in my car (I was driving my Autie M's convertable). We have been together almost 21 years and our 16th wedding anniversary is tomorrow. I guess I changed my mind about him. :)

3. I have lost very good friends for unknown reasons. It really bothers me, but life goes on!

4. I have been best friends with Nona since the 5th grade. That's 28 years!

5. My 1st baby was born 4 weeks early, spent 31 days in NICU and spent 5 more months on oxygen. She was pronounced dead in the delivery room until they intubated (breathing tubes) her. They told me she was severely deformed and retarded. She will turn 14 in 2 weeks and you would never know that she was diagnosed that way.

6. I have naturally curly hair. I have women ask me where I got it permed because they love it. They are always jealous when I tell them it's natural. I HATE IT!

7. People always tell me what a good mom I am. Secretly, I wish I were better at it. I think my kids do too.

8. All 3 of my girls were delivered via C-Section, due to my pregnancy and delivery complications with #5 above.

9. I have probably watched The Notebook, Briget Jones Diary, Never Been Kissed and While You Were Sleeping close to 100 times. EACH.

10. I have a huge fear of heights. Not in a plane, helicoptor or fair rides. But I CANNOT walk up to the edge of a cliff. I get weak knee'd and dizzy and have to get down on the ground when my husband and kids do it. My husband goes to great lengths trying to scare me with this one. He isn't afraid of anything and will purposely dangle over the edge of something to scare me. They all think I'm weird and make fun of me for it. It seriously makes me sick.

11. I have grown to hate my job in the last month or so. But I am thankful to have it.

12. My dad died 11 years ago (this March) and I still cry about it sometimes. It breaks my heart that my kids never knew him.

13. I was shy in school and wish that I could go back and change some things.

14. I still have my homecoming dress, my prom dress and all of my corsages from my highschool dances. I keep them in my cedar "hope" chest (that my dad gave me) with my wedding dress and graduation cap and gown. After all, I did attend these events with my Flyboy. Plus a few other prized possessions from my life.

15. I need to spend more time with my friends. I think about it all the time, but can't seem to find time for it. I need to make the time. It's all about effort.

16. I love to catch up on my favorite blogs. I have my own blog, but I can't seem to find the time to keep up on it. I have a lot of ideas, but sitting down and creating them is another story.

17. I am a junkfood junkie. I have lost a lot of weight, but I can't seem to give up on junkfood so I still have some left to lose. I know that I have this problem, yet I do nothing about it.

18. I would LOVE to go on vacation with my best friend, Nona. We have talked about this several times, but can never seem to coordinate schedules.

19. We did, however, get to go to Hawaii together once. We were dental assistants at the same office and our entire office went to Maui. Totally paid for! Yeah, baby!

20. I recently received a discressionary bonus at work. Management is given money each quarter to give bonuses to whomever they choose. And they chose me this time. WOW!

1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

Great list! I'll have to think about it!