Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Things You Do For Love

My baby is head over heals IN LOVE with Corbin Bleu. She talks about him on a daily basis. She has his pictures on her wall. She wants Corbin Bleu wallpaper, bedding, pillows, etc., etc. He is an actor and a singer. He is 19. He was born the year I graduated from High School. His father is black and his mother is white. She say's that makes him Tan. And he was here Thursday night. At the fair. So what is a mother to do? Well, even though I had to be to work at 4am the next morning, I took my baby girl to the fair to see her true love. And let me tell you. It was SOOOOOO worth losing sleep over. She was so excited and had so much fun. She was screaming and dancing and jumping up and down. And when she turned and told me thank you and that she loved me, it totally made my night. I was glad that I was able to share her first concert experience with her. She will remember this night for the rest of her life. I snapped some photos, but didn't get any really good ones. We started out sitting in the grandstands and made our way down to the area in front of the stage. We could only catch glimpses of him through the crowd of people but at least we were close to him. And my dang camera kept focusing on people's hair instead of him so I just had to hold my camera above my head and snap aimlessly and hope for the best. And I seriously need a telephoto lens. I was a bit peeved that people around me were getting better close up shots of him on their cell phones than I was with my expensive digital SLR camera. But I need to win the lottery before I can afford one of those babies. Anyhoo, here are a few snapshots of Emily's big night with Corbin Bleu.
Photobucket
Watching for Corbin through the binoculars
Photobucket
After he made is entrance. She was so excited!!
Photobucket
Our view from the grandstands
Photobucket
Down on the ground
Photobucket
Photobucket
Emily sang and danced the whole time
Photobucket
Corbin sang and danced the whole time
Photobucket
I think he was singing a ballad here
Photobucket
This was his encore song
Photobucket
He climbed this thing right next to us
Photobucket
Not focused good, but I did my best in a hurry.

1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

I'm glad she had a fun time. She told me all about him when they spent the night with me, and how bad she wanted to see him at the fair! Jessica was so funny telling me how gross he is and just doesn't understand why Emily likes him!