Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bridal Shower

We have a wedding coming up in our family. My sister, Michelle's, oldest kid (yes, Eric, you are still a kid) is getting married in September. We haven't had a wedding in our family since 1993. That is when Flyboy and I got married. And Eric was our ring bearer. Now, 15 years later, he is getting married. His bride to be, Jenn, is a very nice girl. They were sweethearts in Jr. High and reconnected as adults. You can read all about their adventures and wedding plans here. 2 weeks ago, she had her bridal shower. It was a lot of fun. Here are some pictures of the festivites.

Photobucket

The girls and I took the liberty to get Jenn some skivvies. Here she is demonstrating someone grabbing her thong. Tee hee.

Photobucket

One of the activities was to creat toilet paper wedding dresses. We split up into 3 teams. Emily was the model for our team. Here is my sister, Michelle, starting to design the dress.




Photobucket

It really was a group effort. We only had 5 minutes to design a gorgeous dress. Have you ever made a dress out of toilet paper? That tears easily? In the wind?




Photobucket

Here is team Emily. Notice Sandee peeking between Emily and Michelle.




Photobucket

Michelle doing the final touches on the veil.




Photobucket

Here are the final results. Aren't they all beautiful. And very creative. The girl on the end, with the big bow in her hair (sorry, I don't remember her name), won. Jenn really loved that bow. I wonder if she'll show up on her wedding day with a big bow in her hair. Very 80's!

Photobucket

Me and my girls with my handsome great nephew, Carter. He is Eric and Jenn's son.




Photobucket

And I can't leave this post without posting a picture of my handsome nephew, and husband-to-be, Eric and his son, Carter. Aren't they a handsome pair?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Great pictures!!! Just a little over a month now......crap!!