Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Progress in Emily's Bedroom

Our house is still a work in progress. Over a year ago, we started a little project called "replacing our carpet with laminate flooring". And a year later, we have 3 rooms done. Yep, that little project is very time consuming. And we haven't been very gung ho about it. But I am ready for it to be done and get the pallets of flooring material out of my garage. So I decided that the next room to finish would be Emily's. She keeps her room the cleanest so I decide that she earned the honor of being first. They all want their rooms painted so we decided we better paint before we put the new floor down. This is the color that Emily chose. Her favorite color has been green ever since she could talk. Bright, isn't it! But you only live once, so do what you want to do!
Photobucket
Here is Flyboy applying the first coat.
Photobucket
Hard at work while I snap pictures. LOL. Actually, I did all the "cutting" in the corners before he started rolling it. You can see my handi-work on the right. I'm so talented!
Photobucket
I chose a light taupe for the rest of the wall. We are going to put up white trim around the 3 half painted walls. It's going to break it up a bit and look really good! Again, MY idea.
Photobucket
Since the closet doors are off more often than they are on (kids are rough on everything) we decided we better paint the closet too. Here's a good picture of the contrast between the taupe and the white. Told you it was going to look good!
Photobucket
Flyboy applying some finishing touches. The green actually looks really good. It is a bright and cheery green.
Photobucket
Now that the painting is done (except for the white trim that we haven't bought yet), we can get started on the floor. Yeah! I LOVE progress!!

3 comments:

CreativeMish said...

Wow! what a fun color. Eric's favorite color was green when he was younger. HHMMM wonder if it still is??

Anonymous said...

Mom's favorite color was green, I love all shades of green.......must be something in the genes. Emily's room will be beautiful!

Anonymous said...

wow that is cool mom!!!!! this is emily