Monday, January 26, 2009

Pizza Night With My Babies

When I planned my menu for the week, I asked each girl to pick 2 things each that they wanted me to cook for dinner. One of Emily's choices was pizza. Normally, I would just buy a Digorno or a Freschetta and call it good. But I decided that it would be more fun to make our own. Family time with my babies and good food? What more could you ask for?
Photobucket
Here are our pizza ingredients. We have a pizza place inside the grocery store that I work at. They make fresh pizza's and also sell packages of fresh pizza dough. So I bought a couple packages of it and split them so we could each make our own pizza. I also didn't go crazy with the toppings. Speaking from experience, simple and easy is better when working with children. Amen.
Photobucket
Rolling out the dough is lots of fun. We tried to make them as round as we could, but that just doesn't happen in reality. Unless you make them every day and know what you're doing. Which, we don't. Besides, homemade stuff isn't supposed to be perfect. It just gives it more character.
Photobucket
Emily working on her masterpiece.
Photobucket
This is my masterpiece. Isn't it bee-you-tee-ful? Hole and all!
Photobucket
After the crust was ready, we poked holes in it with a fork (as Emily is demonstrating) and then spread the pizza sauce.
Photobucket
Then we each put toppings on our pizzas. And snacked on whatever toppings were left over. That's all a part of the fun! They were all a little unique. But they were "ours".
Photobucket
Sarabeth made hers to look like a "real" pizza with a rolled edge. What a perfectionist she is. And I'm not even kidding on that one! Don't ask!
Photobucket
Wa La! The finished product. These are mine and Emily's.
Photobucket
And these are Jessica and Sarabeth's. And they tasted as yummy as they look!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what fun. The pizza looks yummy! Remember when we used to make pizza at home when you were little? I love Emily's haircut! Did Scissorbella do it?