Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Finally.....A Decision

I finally decided on my flooring. Whew! What a fiasco this has been. Now I hope that I made the right decision. And that my online purchase was secure!! It will take a week or so for the flooring to arrive. I have been boxing up stuff to take to the Youth Ranch to try to eliminate some "junk" clutter. Stuff I think I'll use again, but haven't touched in years. I'm finally willing myself to let go of it. I have to clean out my messy garage to make room to move my furniture into it. We have to tear out all the carpet and linoleum. The linoleum is going to be the worst part because we have to remove the subfloor underneath it to make it level with the floor where the carpet is. And the subfloor is either nailed or glued down. FUN!!! We are in for a huge project. I ordered enough to do my entire house. I found a good enough sale price so I figured I'd buy it while the buying is good. Here is a link for the laminate that I picked out. It is going to go in my office, living room, family room, on the stairs and all three bedrooms upstairs. http://www.ifloor.com/item_338754/laminate-flooring/armstrong/origins-w/armalock-8mm/italian-walnut.html



We are going to put porcelain tile in the kitchen/dining/laundry room and both upstairs bathrooms. Here is a link for that one. http://www.fastfloors.com/lp_19305,0,135792/Daltile-Tile-Stone/_/Paraiso-13-x-13-Caienna/product.htm#NAV We originally were looking at lighter colors, but then I brought home a sample of this dark one and we both went "YES!"



When I get my furniture moved, I'll take some before pictures and post them. My carpet is absolutely hideous!!! Seriously! I don't want anyone coming into my house at the moment. It's so embarrassing. But after all is said and done, I will be wanting to show off my new pretty flooring. Wish me luck in this endeavor!!! Flyboy and I have a lot of work on our hands.

1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

You're very brave!! :) I'm glad you're doing it so you can tell me how well it works. I really want to do it sometime in the future :)