Thursday, April 9, 2009

Flyboy's Own Creation.....and it was YUM-O!

Flyboy decided he would cook me something special and this is what he came up with. And he even took photos to chronicle what he was doing. I guess he learned that from me blogging. LOL. He knew I would want to do a post about it.
Photobucket
First, he cut up some bell peppers. These are really delicious. I never use to eat them, but my taste buds are expanding as I age. He cut a red, yellow and an orange pepper. They have slightly different tastes.
Photobucket
We went to Costco the other day and they were cooking these sausages. They had about 6 different flavors and I chose the Jalepeno. Again, that is HUGE for me. I DO NOT like really spicy food. A touch of spice is enough for me. And these sausages are pretty hot. But they have awesome flavor so we bought them.
Photobucket
Flyboy cut the casing and squeezed the sausage out so he could cook it crumbly instead of slicing it up.
Photobucket
After it was cooked, he added the peppers and cooked it some more. At this point, I was salivating. My house smelled SOOO good!

Photobucket

We had some left over white rice that he warmed up and made up a batch of spaghetti sauce. McCormick in the packet. It's the only kind to make. EVER! I learned that from my mom and she was right. It has the best flavor.

Photobucket

And then he snapped a photo of me eating it as proof of his accomplishment. We put the meat and pepper mixture on some white rice and added a little bit of spaghetti sauce to take away some of the hotness. It really was delicious. He was very proud of himself. And my kids even liked it. The meat and peppers were pretty spicey, but the rice and spaghetti sauce toned it down a bit. It was a great combination.

No comments: