Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Punky Poo!

Don't ask me why I nicknamed Emily Punky Poo. I honestly have no idea why. But today is her 10th birthday. Double digits! Wa Hoo! It seems so weird that it's been 10 years since I had a baby. And what's even weirder (is that a word? It looks, well, weird!) is that she is dang near as tall as I am. Not that I'm very tall (5' 2"), but she is only 10. And my baby. And she shouldn't be almost as tall as I am. But she is. And I love her for it. She is my baby. My drama queen. My diva. My kid who isn't afraid to tell you how it is. Exactly how it is. No matter who is around or who she will offend. And I love her for it. My kid that sings in the shower every day even if she has to make up a song while doing it. And I love her for it. And today is her birthday. We celebrated her birthday yesterday because her dad had to catch a plane at o' dark thirty this morning (on her birthday) to go back to work. So I spent the last week or so gathering items to create her birthday present. She wanted a new bedspread. She has asked for many different things over the last several months, but the bedspread is what she kept dwelling on. We painted her room back in January. She got to choose whatever color she wanted. Her favorite color since birth has been green. So we painted her room a very bright shade of green. And it is absolutely adorable. And she loved it. But then somewhere down the line, she decided she wanted a pink room instead. And since she chose the green, the green stays. So I decided that I would incorporate some pink into her green room. So that's what I did for her birthday. I made her room a bit more girly for her.
Photobucket
First, I chose a comforter with pinks and greens in it. It was hard to find too. I had to order it online. It's actually a bed-in-a-bag so it came with the sheets and pillow cases too. And it is very cute. Then I chose items to deocorate her room using the colors in her new bedding.
Photobucket
I found this very cute rug to go with it. It looks very cute on the laminate flooring.
Photobucket
I wanted to make her a valance to hang above her window. I went to the fabric store and couldn't believe it when I found fabric with the exact pink and green that I needed. Together. And very cute too!
Photobucket
She likes to have her name displayed in her room so I found some wooden cutouts and painted her a name plaque. I tried to use the same shades of pink and green. It turned out pretty cute.
Photobucket
While at the fabric store, I lucked out and found these Wallies. They were the perfect pink and matched the flowers in her curtains that I made. So I lined her room with them. I love the bright pink against the green wall.
Photobucket
We even found a matching fish tank for her Betta fish.
Photobucket
The final result. I think it turned out pretty darn cute.
Photobucket
The birthday girl sitting on her new cute bed in her new cute room. She really loved everything I did. It took some time and effort, but it was totally worth it. And she was thrilled that I did more that just the comforter, which is all she asked for.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY. I LOVE YOU!!

5 comments:

CreativeMish said...

I love the colors! They're so cute together! Happy Birthday Emily!!!!

Jenn said...

The room looks great!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view