Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Actual Conversation

The following conversation took place between me and teenage drama queen. We rented the movie Dan In Real Life and watched it today. TDQ had already watched it at her friend, Fledge's. They are both 13. I am not prepared to deal with them being 13 and being as "knowledgeable" as they seem to have become. Anyhoo, the movie is about a man who has been a widow for 4 years. His family meets up for a family reunion and he gets set up on a date. One of his brothers asks him if he "uncorked".

Me: TDQ, what did he just say?
TDQ: He asked him if he uncorked.
Me: Do you even know what that means?
TDQ: Yes
Me: How do you know what that means?
TDQ: Fledge explained it to me.
Me: How does she know what it means?
TDQ: I don't know.
Me: So, what does it mean?
TDQ: It means he hasn't been with his wife for a while.
Me: heart palpitations
Me: OMG! I am not old enough, I mean not ready for you to know what that means.
HOLY CRAP!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Do you realize what a great Mother you are and how much your kids love and trust you BECAUSE they feel comfortable enough to give you a straight answer to this kind of question? You're not just Mom, you are Friend too! What a great blessing! Keep it up and don't ever, ever change. Holy Crap I am proud of you!!!!!

Jenn said...

Yikes!! Stop these stories. Now that I have a child, I don't want to hear them. I would rather remain oblivious to what's to come in those teenage years! I agree with Dorothy though - it's good that she feels comfortable enough with you to speak about it. That's definitely a job well done on your part!

CreativeMish said...

Its only just begun! LOL!

Princess of ID said...

Seriously, Fledge? That is NOT funny. TDQ is dead.